Sindone is an interactive navigator which guides users step by step in their visit to the Shroud and to discovering the city of Turin, ushering in the pilgrims into the 21st century. More in general, it is a useful application for all visitors: both those who are not used to going around the city, and those from Turin itself, allowing digging up several pieces of information.
Sindone shows the visitor, according to his position in town, the places of interest relating to the places of cult, affiliated activities and stores, museums and other useful information, indicating correct positioning of each location and calculating and displaying paths in order to reach them.
Sindone offers all detailed information on the true and proper Exposition, from a reminder of one’s own booking to visit the Holy Shroud and to the Shroud Museum (date and time) to all directions on how to arrive at the Exposition and all the instructions to follow. Yet there is also a personal tourist-religious proper itinerary with all events of interest and the possibility of adding addresses (for example of the hotel where you are lodging) or references of interest.
Finally, Sindone offers a “Virtual tour” of the Shroud Museum and information relating to every point of interest available on the interactive map (a short description of Museums, Churches, Meetings, Forecast events, Concerts, Hostels, etc.) with opening hours and starting times.
It has several functions:
1) “My programme”: offers the possibility of noting down and keeping memory of dates and places to be able to organise one’s stay, and to view the sites to visit on the map;
2) events relating to the Shroud organised by Turin city, with the possibility of adding those places of interest among them to their own personal agenda;
3) an updated and exhaustive list of useful places and services during one’s stay: churches, hotels, chemistry shops, restaurants and lodging houses, public use and emergency telephone numbers (etc.), with the possibility of viewing them on the interactive map and listing them according to nearness to the place where one is, or view them on the town map of Turin, according to the chosen modality;
4) list of points of relevant historical/artistic/religious interest within the city;
5) synthetic but detailed description (history, address, telephone, booking…) of individual chosen places from the previous category;
6) possibility of spotting on the map all individual points of the chosen category of places and if necessary to enable navigation towards each one of them by clicking on them: in this case the mobile phone works as a navigator, taking to the chosen place and showing the navigation route with the possibility of retracing the route even according to the transport means used;
7) detailed file on the Shroud Museum
8) detailed file on the Holy Shroud and all instructions to book and make the best out of the visit.